Friday, January 16, 2009

Disney Marathon Day

I hit a PR!! (Personal Record) Sure.. I only beat my fastest time by a couple minutes.. But for me.. every second counts. My time was 5:04:57. I really wish that I could have broken 5 hours.. but then theres always next time. Speaking of next time... that is right around the corner in March. So check back then, maybe I'll have more exciting news to post. :)

As far as races go... This race was hectic!! By far the most marathoners I have ever run with. 17,000 people signed up. And 15,000 showed up and finished. The most full marathoners I have run with was in Nashville and that was only 3,000. So this was a very crowded race. I hope Atlanta will be better.

Here are a few pictures from the race. I stole the first 3 from the pros site.. so they are pretty low quality, because they were tiny. But you get the jist..

Oh.. and some of Marek and his buddy Reilly in Bruce the big shark from Nemo. They cruised around Epcot, hanging out having a jolly ol' time while I was pounding the pavement.. ;)


Marek was waiting for mommy to cross that finish line!

1 comment:

CHarris said...

You looked so calm crossing the finish line! Too bad we missed it ;-)