Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Marathon Weekend

SPACE COAST MARATHON NOVEMBER 30, 2008

I did it! I completed my 4th Marathon on Sunday. Honestly it was my hardest one yet. Even though I'm so much more well trained this time around. It just wasn't my day to run. The first half of the race was wonderful. I felt really good, had my typical stride, was running with all of my friends.. and then my body said nope.. you're done.. :( I had been sick with that really nasty bug going around for over a week and a half. The morning of the race was the very first day I felt like I could breathe clearly. I guess my body wasn't quite ready for that long 26.2 mile hual..
Oh-well.. I still had an absolutely incredible time.
I was so happy to round the very last bend before the finish line, and see my boys cheering for me. Marek was waving and yelling YAY MOMMY!! GO MOMMY! Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. I am so very fortunant to have such an awesome family that supports me.
No matter how hard the distance is.. it still all seems worth it. And I'll be doing it all over again at Disney in January. Hopefully I'll beat my time, and get to my goal I've been working on.

Much needed stretching after a long long morning... Marek always likes to do the stretching too.
Below is a picture of my two fabulous group leaders from my Track Shack group. They are wonderful!! My back looks broken in this picture.. and it feels that way today. :( We had serious winds against us most of the way..

1 comment:

CHarris said...

You are awesome - congrats!