Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gracie!

Gracie is our latest and most lovely addition to the Orr Family. She is a 4 1/2 month old Russian blue/mix kitty. I happened to be searching Petfinder and came across her. I e-mailed Kev the picture and he was like find out if she's still available! I called right away and sure enough she was. Wendy her foster mom was gracious enough to let us stop by and visit her on our way home.

We instantly fell in love with her. She was frisky and looked almost identical like Scoot did as a baby. She even has the same white spot on her belly like Scoot. Scoot has been an only kitty his whole life and we figured that now that he's 9 years old, he'd be willing to adjust better to a new addition. Currently we are phasing them in slowly. Gracie of course is super ready to play with Scoot, and as curious as ever. Scoot is curious, but needs a little more time until we join the two together.

Here is more about Gracie http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14164745&mtf=1 from her PetFinder Page

And more info from the agency. They are wonderful!! They keep all their animals at Foster homes until they are found forever homes. I was really impressed with them. Here is a link to their site. http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL887.html

Marek loves playing with Gracie, and I love that she jumps on my lap whenever she gets the chance. She is such a fun little spirited kitty, and I look forward to the many years she will spend with us.

On a funny note... Gracie is a BIG TIME purring kitty. She has such a loud little motor. Marek is not used to hearing that sound, because Scoot usually doesn't purr when he's around. Marek heard that sound and goes... MOMMY! Gracie has FROGS! Whenever Marek has gas... we call that "frogs".. So he assumed that Gracie had gas.... It was too funny... I said.. no thats called purring, only cats do that. So whenever he brings it up he says it like PUR-RING. It's very cute.

Gracie is like me... She LOVES tub time! She likes to eat bubbles and sit on the edge every night while I take my bath. She's so curious that she actually fell in half way once.. but that didn't seem to phase her.. she just licked it up, and hopped back on the edge.

1 comment:

CHarris said...

Two posts in a row about new animals -- I think its time you guys had another baby ;-)