Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tragic Sunday Morning

What started out as a lovely Sunday morning... quickly switched to tramatic! Every Saturday and Sunday Marek is our alarm clock. He comes into our room and brings his lovey "blanket" and hops on up to wake us up. This particular day he said he was still sleepy. So he actually fell back to sleep. I of course was wide awake because he was practically laying right on top of me. So I snapped a few cute photos of him and daddy asleep in bed. I felt like I needed too because I had never seen him asleep in our bed before. I started feeling the morning urge to use the restroom.. but didn't want to wake Marek up. I started to get up and Marek opened his eyes and kinda smiled and rolled over to Kevs side. So I was like... YAY FREEDOM! I'll run to the bathroom real quick. No joke... less that a minute and a half goes by and I hear the most horrid scream. Followed by Kevin saying WHAT happened??!! My worst fear....... Marek had rolled over asleep and I assume looking for me.. and fell off of our bed. On his way down his head hit the drawer pull on the side table. (and even bent the whole nail inside) He had a deep gash that went all the way to the bone. Surprising because it was on the muscle... there was very little blood.

We quickly decided we needed to take him to the emergency room. So we drove him to Florida Hospital Altamonte. They were INCREDIBLE! They immediently took him in and a doctor came in to see him the second we walked in. It was amazing service. They treated him and us so well, and made us so comfortable. They put a numbing agent on the cut for 30 minutes and then were ready to do the stiches. They ended up giving him two shots to numb the area and gave him 3 stiches. They actually wrapped him up in a sheet like a mummy. If you ask him.. He'll tell you they wrapped him up like a mommy. When I correct him... He goes NO... LIKE A MOMMY.. LOL!!

We did get a wonderful report back from the doctor.. He told us that honestly.. Marek was more calm than most adults that he sees. :) Yay Marek! What a tough little boy!
Hopefully we won't be visiting the ER too often.... it sure did take a lot out of me, and Kev..

On a positive note. Marek is doing great, and is getting his stiches removed on Thursday. He has yet to slow down... and I honestly believe he might have actually sped up a bit...

Not happy about the numbing agent.

Eating snacks... waiting for the 30 minute numbing.

After he got stiched up!

Much needed nap. After a real rough day.

2 comments:

CHarris said...

Awww - the "before" picture is so sweet. Poor little Marek! I think 3 is the age for the first ER visit ;-)

amberorr said...

Haha!! Thanks I have no pictures of them sleeping in our bed together.. That was the first one.. and look what happened! Crazy! I think you're right about the first ER experience at 3..