Friday, April 24, 2009

Atlanta ING Marathon


My 6th Marathon and 3rd State Down! Race day was March 29th. (I'm totally behind on my blog)

I have set a goal to do all 50 States. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish this crazy feat one of these days. Next week I'm actually off to Ohio to get in another state. The Flying Pig. Stay tuned for that one.

About my race.. I was hoping to trim 5 minutes off of my previous fastest marathon and be under 5 hours. I would have taken 4:59:99 and called it a day.. But on my race day, I was enjoying my run. And came in at 4:37:09!!!!! I took off almost 28 minutes off of my fastest marathon! It's now going on 4+ weeks since that race, and I'm still in shock. Hopefully I can run another great race like that in Ohio. Maybe even trim another 7 minutes off.. :) (Wishful thinking) Here are a few pictures from my day.

Nothing is more touching and rewarding than seeing my family cheer me on when I round the last corner towards the finish line. The smiles from the two of them are priceless.

Kevin says I was just glowing at lunch. I was in a state of shock that I was able to cut that much time off. We went to a cute little diner in downtown Atlanta.

This was my lunch. And boy did it hit the spot! Warm yummy goodness!!

No comments: